Friday 12 March 2010

Friday 12th March 2010 - Stewarding at Great Witley Church


This afternoon was my booked turn to be church steward, so I turned up at 2.00 p.m. after having paid a quick visit to the English Heritage visitor centre to say hello to the staff. Chief steward Roger Perkins had been the morning steward (accompanied by his faithful black labrador)and he told me that there had been only about a dozen visitors so far - not many, but not too bad either for the time of year. It was more or less the same for me in the afternoon, but I did manage a few decent sales of items from the trolley. Most visitors were suitably impressed by the new display boards, one gentleman in particular being very interested in the picture of the 1902 golf tournament; he said he will keep in touch and send me some details of those who took part. Robin Walter popped his head round the door just as I was beginning to pack things away.

No comments:

Post a Comment