Tuesday 14 June 2011

Stewarding at the church

This afternoon I was duty steward as a result of a colleague being unavailable, and would I be able to fill-in for her. An average number of visitors with around eighty people through the door. It seemed to be a day for people losing things. The 'phone rang; it was E.H. to say that someone had left their bag in the church and could I find it and hand it back to the owner. Find it I did, and a very grateful gentleman dropped a fiver into the donations tin. Perhaps they could all lose their belongings ? Another 'phone call from Ian Holland who had left his keys on a pew, but I had already found them - panic over. Nancie Stansfield remarked that they had been very busy at the tea-room. Off to the Isle-of-Wight this coming weekend for a fortnight's holiday; watch out for my blogs as they will be coming thick and fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment